Laboratory and field testing by leading institutes around the world has shown the performance of acetylated wood to be extremely reliable. Accoya treated wood has been extensively tested for dimensional stability, durability, paint retention and in-ground conditions to ensure optimal performance. It is so reliable that it is used by scientists as the benchmark against which other treatments and modified timbers are measured.
Accoya can be used in virtually any application because of its outstanding technical characteristics. We use it predominantly for our windows and doors range.
Why do we choose Accoya for windows and doors?
- Extremely low thermal conductivity
- More durable than the best tropical hardwoods
- More dimensionally stable than the best tropical hardwoods
- It can be opaque or transparent coated
- Low maintenance requirements
- Cost effective
- Superior environmental credentials*
* To produce Accoya, only abundantly available wood species are being used from certified, sustainably managed forests and plantations, including FSC certified woods. Accoya is therefore compliant with the European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR).
If you want more information on Accoya please click here.